High Volume and High Precision CNC Grinding Machine
Fuel injection systems enable efficient automotive engine performance. These systems are becoming almost mandatory on all new vehicles nowadays due to their higher power output, greater fuel efficiency and lower fuel emissions as per BS Vl (EURO Vl) emission norms.
Delphi Technologies is a global auto components manufacturer with a net worth of $4.5 billion. They are a tier 1 supplier to various automobile OEMs globally. In India, Delphi was using an imported centreless grinding machine to manufacture fuel injector components such as jet and needle producing 4000 parts in a day.
- Delphi wanted to manufacture fuel injection components (jet and needle) locally in order to reduce production costs by 50%.
- Quality requirement are roundness and straightness of 5 microns, surface roughness of Ra 0.3, and size tolerance of ± 2.5 microns.
- Automation for both jet and needle with minimum set-up change over time
- MGT’s designers developed an indigenous CNC Centreless Grinding Machine with automation (see pic. Above) that delivered both the components with much better roundness and straightness values (see table below).
- This not only met the expectations of Delphi, but MGT solution exceeded the quality parameters offered by imported grinding machines.
- MGT’s custom CNC grinder allayed Delphi’s scepticism of whether indigenously developed Indian machines could deliver to stringent quality parameters that were hitherto only possible on high-cost imported machines.
- A unique combination of twin Vibratory bowl feeders (one each for the 2 type of components) with a Robot and Servo gantry for part loading and belt conveyor for unloading
|Accuracies Parameter||Result Achieved|
|Roundness||< 2 Micron|
|Straightness||< 2 Micron|
|Surface Roughness||0.3 Ra|
|Cycle time (F-F)||19 sec|
Have a niche grinding challenge? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to solve it today!